Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Living in Fear Tale of my life: FEAR TOOK OVER IN MY LIFE



In 2010, I was involved in a taxi accident that took place in corner Empire road on my way back from work. I was sitting at the back sit of the taxi with two of my colleagues, when the taxi behind us lost control and hit the one I was in. One of my colleagues seemed like the most injured as she was the first one to scream, everyone in the taxi suggested that she goes to the nearby clinic (Hillbrow Clinic). At that point I was not feeling any pains as I was still in a state of shock but the taxi driver insisted that I also go to the clinic, little did I know what was in store for me. On my arrival I went through a checkup as per procedure to my surprise I was the only one referred to a local hospital (Johannesburg General).

After two hours of shifting from one chair to another I was then taken into the X-ray room. At that point I didn't see the reason of being sent there because I didn't feel any pain. However I let my gut down because this was my health we talking about.

The Radiologists where so confused, not sure if I had fractures on my chest or what it was. The fact that people so professional, that we trust with our lives had no idea what was going on with me annoyed me with every beat of my heart. I then called my then boss/employer just to let him know what has been happening. Within a blink of an eye he was there to pick me up as I was sent back to the same clinic that referred me to the same hospital, reason being, the doctor who referred me there was supposed to explain the X-ray results as they were not clear to the nurses who assisted me. Unfortunately in our arrival to the clinic the doctor was already gone, and all they could do was to give me pain killers in case I suffer overnight and I was asked to return the next day if I weren’t feeling well.  
Still it did not occur to me that there were deeper things that weren't revealed yet because I still had no pains, so I decided to stay and not return as per instruction. Two days later my nightmare began. Suddenly my speech was not clear, on Monday, April 19, I went to my GP (General Practitioner) who gave me pain killers and told me to get enough rest. That night I hardly slept because I started bleeding through my mouth and by then I'm all alone in the house, but deep down I knew God was with me. The next morning I returned to my GP, who immediately wrote a transfer letter to Chris Hani Baragwanath. The only thing I remember is coming out of the surgery room weak, and when I woke up hours later I was in hospital. I still don't remember the man who rushed me to hospital but when I gained my conscious my aunt was sitting next to my bed. 
I saw my life flushing before my eyes and I was ready to let go, I was lying there weak and breathing through the Oxygen. Only after countless observations, injection and drips that doctors discovered that I had fractures in my manubrium. The brokenness in my heart when I noticed that my family had already given up on my recovery, they were whispering about funeral policies. I was out of breath and could not utter a word.
 I was later discharged from hospital after two weeks, and for two years I was in and out of hospital. Changing medications, going through different check ups and the thought of being in a speeding car peaked my heart with fear. 

 I did not imagine myself obtaining a drivers license or owning a car for that matter. Three years after my accident I did an introspection, I developed a desire to have my own car but the fear of having one lingered in my mind. I had to let go of that fear and live the life God wanted me to have.

I took the first step and booked for my learner’s license, and I passed first time. Now the main one was right ahead of me and I had to face it head on.  I reminded myself that I am strong, I want to be in control of my life, I wanted to prove to myself that I can do it as well if others can.  Unfortunately, we have fears too. They may be a result of bad experiences. But I achieved what the fear was holding, my license and the car. I can drive now.

Recap: I achieved my Diploma still in the hospital bed, doing my school work, but that was not the main issue I was having.

The moral of my story is that FEAR, is a very powerful enemy if you let it, but the good news is that there is someone who can help you overcome it. His name is Jesus Christ, God’s Son. He came into the world to free us from all the huddles that have held us captive, even when the prison is made of fears. I am a living testimony to this, God is always with 
me.SMILE :) NGIYABONGA BABA

2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear am so much encouraged. God will give you more grace to wax stronger in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete